Sunday, October 7, 2007

our surprise for Beth :)

ok.. here are Beth's pertinent answers. I' say we can pick a theme or just do a grab bag. Just add a comment or suggestion. If you'd like to post here, let me know and i'll send you a blog author invite :)


8. Do you have any allergies to pets &/o smoke?
I can smell smoke a mile away – I’d prefer a non-smoker.

9. Are you allergic or adverse to any types of yarns?
I’m adverse to novelty yarns, bright colors, anything scratchy and squeaky acrylics.

10. Fiber preference?
For fall, wool, or a wool blend. I like silk blends, and I love alpaca. I’m not that picky – everything has it’s place, but the softer, the better. I’m more color sensitive, if that makes sense, and I love hand-dyed variations.

11. Theme/Idea/colors?(please list at least two, and up to as many as you can think of!
[Wink] Okay, I have a few ideas:

1. I have several yarns that I have about 600 yards of, and they are just too wonderful to use for kid sweaters! So I’d be looking for ideas, or even complements to those yarns.


2. I love the ocean, the beach, and I love beach colors. Most sea creatures. But no intarsia starfish, or whatever creature, sweaters please! So some natural color combos and ideas for patterns, ect.


3. The grab bag- other things I love that someone can single out or combine: Besides my kids of course, I like dragonflies, elephants, the FALL!, wildflowers, yoga, books. Probably more, but I’m running out of steam.


4. How about a stress relief theme?


12. Pattern or technique you'd like to try?
(a direct link or name is best)
Not really anything comes to mind – I’ve been thinking lately about a poncho though. Vague, I know. I’d like to try mitered squares, maybe more lace, maybe some socks, or anything with interesting color combinations.


I'll collect everything and package it up to make it more cohesive. as soon as you are ready to mail your part, email me for my address :)

8 comments:

Westlake Wife said...

What if we ship a little something from each of our home states? A little mini-package from each of us? Some one send yarn, someone stitch markers, someone send a pattern...someone else needles...and in each mini-pack we send a little goodie that signifies our state...such as I could send pretty stitch markers and blue bonnet seeds and longhorn swag? Thoughts?

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

I can send 'a knitting roll'...

*I'll sew it special to match the beach theme.

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

and, I'll send something from where I live too.

Marykz said...

I'll get something pulled together and try to ship tomorrow- I have some Noro Keureon (one skein of a blue-green mix) or a pretty blue/green Auracania cotton. I found some hand cream made with MD honey I could send too. Depending on the time constraint- if we wanted to do the state thing I'll be seeing Annie Kelley from a local farm at Stitches and I could get some of her wool, but that would mean it wouldn't get sent until Monday...

Amanda D Allen said...

I don't know that I'll be able to make it to my LYS this week, but I could buy a couple patterns online and put them in a binder. If you wanted to get them even faster, whoever sends out the package could print them out.

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

Ok, I found some 'beach appropriate' fabric today and will make the 'needle roll' and some stitch markers.

HOWEVER, if someone else wants to also include stitchmarkers.. it won't be a problem.. since, what knitter would turn down 'stitch markers, right?'

jeanius said...

thata sounds really nice IWRBK!

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

i'll mail my package on monday...